Call for Proposals
2018 Creative Practice Exchange
Art as Collective Movement
Contribute. Communicate. Collaborate.
April 19, 6:00pm, at Intersection for the Arts, San Francisco
The Creative Practice Exchange (aka Curriculum Slam) is a showcase of the creativity, critical thinking, and innovation that arts educators bring to their classrooms.
Presenters will have 7 minutes to share their story. Each presentation will consist of 14 PowerPoint slides with only 30-seconds to speak about each slide.
Interested in presenting?
Are you an arts educator serving San Francisco or the greater Bay Area? Do you have an innovative and/or interesting way of facilitating student voice and creative expression? We want to hear your story.
To apply, send us a proposal that includes the following:
- Your name, phone, email, your role (e.g. dance teaching artist, high school visual arts teacher, musician, middle school science teacher),
- Your idea for your presentation (150 words max),
- How this practice/lesson/pedagogy relates to the theme: “Art as Collective Movement Contribute. Communicate. Collaborate.” (150 words max),
- Proposed “grabby” title (15 words max),
- Brief bio (150 words max),
- Photo of you that can be shared publicly if you are selected,
- Include your name and “CPE” in the subject of the email.
Extended! Submissions are due by 5 pm on March 5, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Selected presenters will receive a $100 honorarium for their participation.
Limited coaching available to prepare for the presentation. Expectation is that you’ll be available for 2 preparatory phone consultations and able to arrive at 4 pm on April 19.
For questions, email Liz Ozol, AEABA Executive Committee member at email@example.com.
*This was scheduled for April 12, but will be changed so as not to conflict with the 1st Annual State of the Arts.