Support the Arts at Your School
- Volunteer to fundraise, guest teach, hang an art show, support performances and more.
- Find your allies at the school and nearby.
- Partner with local artists, arts organizations, and community groups.
- Screen Arts is the Root at a PTA or School Site Council meeting.
- Get to know your school Arts Coordinator or volunteer to be that person.
- Form an Arts Committee comprised of parents, teachers, and administration.
- The Arts Committee can assess current programming, set goals, implement an action plan.
- Build on what’s already working!
Teaching Artist Support
San Francisco Advocacy
- San Francisco Unified School District Arts Education Master Plan: “The Arts Education Master Plan (AEMP) is SFUSD's blueprint for integrating the arts into each student's daily curriculum. It details why and how the district will provide an education in which students accrue quality knowledge of the arts and creative experiences from day one of preschool through their senior year in high school.” The Master Plan is currently undergoing a revision. Visit here to learn more.
- San Francisco Parents for Public Schools