Thu, May 11|
Oakland Museum of California
Bay Area Regional Community Arts Education Prop 28 Mini Conference
Connect with other Bay Area arts education administrators and advocates as we mobilize around Proposition 28 impacts and strategies!
Time & Location
May 11, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM PDT
Oakland Museum of California, 1000 Oak St, Oakland, CA 94607, USA
About the Event
Join the Arts Education Alliance of the Bay Area as we host this region-wide, day-long convening focused on the newly-approved Proposition 28 and its impact on the community arts education ecosystem. Intended to further organize and activate our field, the day will include opportunities to connect with peers and colleagues throughout the Bay Area, join region-specific dialogue to information share and build strategy, and hear from state leaders including Danielle Bunch from CreateCA and Letty Kraus, Director of the CCSESA Statewide Arts Initiative.
Free, registration required.
Breakfast and lunch provided.Want to stay connected leading up to May 11? Sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Instagram @artsedalliance
Arts Ed Alliance events and convenings are made FREE and low-cost thanks to the generosity of our supporters. Enjoy our work? Support us today with a gift. Any amount makes a big impact on our work.Event Schedule
- 9:00am - 10:00am Morning Mixer - enjoy light refreshments and network with peers.
- 10:00am - 12:00pm Guest Speakers with Q&A: Danielle Bunch, Create CA, Letty Kraus, California County Superintendents Educational Services Association (CCSESA), Final Speaker TBD
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm Lunch provided for all participants
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm Facilitated Regional Strategy Sessions
- 2:30pm - 4:00pm Regional Group Share Out & Closing
The OMCA garage is located at 1000 Oak St. with entrances on Oak and 12th Streets. Parking fees are $5 per hour with an early-bird discounted flat rate of $20 (in before 10 am, out before 5 pm).
For additional parking and transportation information please refer to the VISIT OMCA page.