Luna Dance Institute is Hiring!
We’re looking for a full-time Director of Administration to join our leadership team as we transform Luna in its 4th decade. Our team values of inquiry, collaboration, and creativity guide us as we advance Luna’s mission and Theory of Change.
Hiring objective: Work with staff, executives, and board of directors to manifest Luna’s strategic goals.
Responsibilities include: Strategic planning, directing personnel to achieve strategic goals, daily operations, budget and financial management; grant and contract proposal writing, reporting, and compliance with full team; and facility management. The position requires a leader with technical, humanitarian, and conceptual skills—one who sees how the small and mindful acts are related to the big picture.
Compensation: $77,000-$90,000 (commensurate with experience) plus paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave, and retirement and health plans with employer match.
Deadline to apply: August 25, 2021
Apply for this position if...
• Both big-picture thinking and attention to detail
• Being responsible for and responsive to the needs of diverse individuals and communities
• Learning and growing alone and in collaboration
• Children, family, teachers, artists, dancers
• Equity and inclusion
• Creative process
• Critical conversations on dilemmas that may not have a sole answer
You have some of these
• Experience managing or directing a nonprofit arts organization
• Past work as a teacher or working with teachers, children or families
• Fundraising, budgeting, planning skills
• Dance is a part of your life
• Willingness to add new perspectives to a diverse team
• Empathy, curiosity, tenacity, humor
• Communication skills in writing, speaking, other media
In a typical week, you might
• Prepare financial reports for a board meeting or grant report
• Reach out to a stakeholder to share some Luna news
• Brainstorm future programs and services
• Help staff understand how their efforts are connected to goals
• Help funders see how Luna’s work extends beyond stereotype
• Go to the bank, pay some bills, send an invoice
• Navigate multiple web portals to update Luna’s state or national arts data
• Take a walk to clear your mind and return to share an ‘aha’ moment
Luna Dance Institute encourages applicants representing diverse backgrounds that include—but are not limited to—race, ethnicity, religion, ability, sexual orientation, gender, age, national origin, or political affiliation.
Luna Dance Institute does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.