Music in Schools Today is hiring!
Are you a teaching artist who would like to work in West Contra Costa?
Currently, MUST is looking to hire experienced musicians, and visual, dance, and theater artists for classes at Title I schools after school wrap-around program from K through 12. The right candidate will be comfortable teaching and facilitating classes at the younger, middle, or older student levels.
Job Type: Part-time, after-school
Pay: $70 per class
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
· Minimum one-year teaching experience at a public school or arts education provider
· One-year experience working with children K-12
· Knowledge of State Standards for the arts
· Expertise in music, visual, and/or theater arts
· Experience creating and delivering an engaging multicultural curriculum
· Knowledge of SEL and social justice practices
· Written and verbal communication required
· Kind, enthusiastic, encouraging, and a sense of humor
· Please provide a cover letter addressing how you developed your art form, and how you will
use your expertise in the classroom
· Please provide a sample of your artform: images, videos, audio recordings,
All teaching artists must clear a background check for this school district and have a clear TB test within the last 4 years
Email email@example.com to apply
*Incomplete applications will not be reviewed*
We look forward to hearing from you!