a Full Time Assistant Teacher for our Spanish bi-lingual Early Childhood Program
About Project Commotion
Project Commotion's Mission is to foster healthy development in children of all abilities through purposeful movement, play, and family and community relationships. We partner with families and support educators in understanding the critical value of integrating quality movement experiences in daily life.
About Las Luciérnagas
Las Luciérnagas (LL) is the Early Childhood Program of Project Commotion. We are a play-based and movement-centered program that offers a bi-lingual Spanish/English curricula. Our Core Values are centered on Empathy, Equity, Movement & Play, and Connection to Nature, Language & Culture. At LL, we approach each child as an individual and commit to responding to their needs in a careful and responsive way. The program is set up to facilitate small group and individual play choices in a developmentally appropriate environment. We prioritize whole-child development, utilizing intentional physical and sensory-motor experiences as a tool for supporting social and emotional growth.
Job Type: .75 - 1.0 FTE; 35 - 40 hours/week
Schedule: Monday - Friday; will be required to staff some special events on evenings/weekends throughout the year.
Compensation: Range $19 - 22, DOE (Depending on Experience)
This teaching position qualifies for the Cares 2.0 Stipend through the Office of Early Care and Education. This is estimated to be upwards of $8,000 per school year.
Medical, Dental, and Vision InsurancePaid holidays (19 paid holidays per year)
Paid sick leave accrual according to SF Labor Law Accrued vacation time
Professional Development training
Access to Project Commotion Movement and Wellness classes
Position Requirements and Qualifications
Requirements:• Minimum 6 Units of ECE + Assistant Teacher Permit from Commission on Teacher Credentialing required + currently enrolled in at least 6 units of ECE.
• Bilingual/Biliterate in Spanish, as well as Spanish Immersion teaching experience.
• Passion for and experience with child-centered learning.
• Positive attitude, creativity and strong commitment to supporting children's development
• Strong collaboration skills and commitment to working with a team, as well as ability to take initiative and work independently.
• Commitment to continuous improvement, learning and growth.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to multi-task in an active and often noisy environment.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Pass physical exam, TB test, Criminal Record Clearance and Fingerprints and all other state license requirements.
• Project Commotion/Las Luciérnagas requires all in-person staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
• 12 units or more in ECE and Associate Teacher permit or higher.
• AA or higher in Child Development.
• Experience planning and executing creative child-directed activities and/or projects.• Experience in fostering social and emotional capabilities.